Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Funded Projects
1. TechFab India Pvt. Ltd ‘Evaluation of TechCell – Reinforced Marginal Aggregates as Pavement Bases’. Rs. 11.0 Lakhs, 2021-2022. PI: Sireesh S (Ongoing)
2. TechFab India Pvt. Ltd ‘Permeability and Reinforcement Functions of TechFab Drain’ Rs. 14.5 Lakhs, 2019-2021. PI: Sireesh S (Ongoing)
3. TechFab India Pvt. Ltd ‘Evaluation of Geogrids for Reduction in Base Course Thickness’ Rs. 12.0 Lakhs, 2017-2018. PIs: Sireesh S, Umashankar B, Madhav MR (Completed)
4. Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) ‘Utilization of Fly Ash as grout/stabilization material to improve marginal soils with reference to Amaravati City’ Rs. 12.5 Lakhs, 2017-2020. PI: Sireesh S. (Completed)
5. National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) ‘Geogrids and Geocells Reinforced Pavements’, Rs. 135 Lakhs, 2016-2019. PIs: Umashankar B, Sireesh S, Madhav Madhira, A Murali Krishna, P Bongirwar. (Ongoing)
6. Department of Science and Technology (DST), ‘Evaluation of Fly Ash Treated Recycled Asphalt Pavement (RAP) for Base/Subbase Construction’, Rs. 90 lakhs, Technology Systems Development Scheme of DST, Sanctioned on 9.1.2014, PI: Sireesh Saride, Dr. Ch. Subrahmanyam (Co-PI-1), Shri. G. Jagannadha Rao (Co-PI-2) (Completed)
7. Ministry of Surface, Road Transport and Highways (MOSRTH), ‘Geogrid Reinforced Granular Bases as Approach Slabs for Bridge Abutments’. Rs.45 lakhs, 2010 – 2012, PI: Madhav Madhira, Co-PIs: Umashankar B, Sireesh S, Bongirwar. (Completed)
8. Department of Science and Technology (DST), ‘Dynamic Behavior of Geocell Reinforced Pavement Subbase and Subgrade Layers’, Rs. 22 lakhs, Fast Track Scheme for Young Scientists 2011-2012, Department of Science and Technology, PI: Sireesh Saride (Completed)
9. Neyveli Lignites Corporation Limited (NLC), ‘Laboratory study on stabilization of haul roads inside opencast mines’. Rs. 19.95 lakhs, PI: Umashankar B Co-PIs: Sireesh S and Madhav Madhira (Completed)
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), "Recommendations for Design, Construction, and Maintenance of Bridge Approach Slabs." $501,000, September 2007 to August 2010, RS: Anand Puppala, and PIs: Sireesh Saride, Laureano R. Hoyos and Soheil Nazarian.
United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Fort Worth, Texas. "Investigations to Develop Field Stabilization Methods to Mitigate Desiccation Cracks in order to Reduce Slope and Embankment Failures." $128,192, 2004 - 2007, RS: Anand Puppala and PI: Sireesh Saride (got extension until December 2010 with an extra budge of $101,000).
Texas Department of Transportation and Development (TxDOT), "Design of Short, Laterally Loaded Drilled Shafts in High-plasticity Clay." $237,446, October 2008 to September 2010, RS: Anand Puppala, and PIs: Sireesh Saride and Laureano R. Hoyos.
Texas Department of Transportation and Development (TxDOT), "Cement Treated Recycled Asphalt Pavements (RAP)." $312,386 (UTA Share - $80,000), October 2008 to September 2010, RS: Soheil Nazarian, Anand Puppala, and PIs: Laureano R. Hoyos and Sireesh Saride.
Department of Civil Engineering
Phone: +91 40 2301 6302
Copyright (c) 2021 Civil Engineering, IITH
All Rights Reserved
University of Texas at Arlington, USA