I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science and Engineering Department
at IIT Hyderabad
, India. My main research areas are Recommendation Systems, Information Retrieval, Social Network Analysis, Data Mining, Machine Learning. I am a part of the Data and Informatics Group (DIg) at the Department of CSE, IIT Hyderabad. Prior to Joining IIT Hyderabad, I have worked for Samsung Research India Bangalore and Sybase Inc. (a SAP Company) in the past.
- Manisha gets her work on Semantic Annotation in LBSNs accepted in ASONAM 2021. The proposed method uses multi-view Hypergraph GCNs on spatio-temporal data. Congratulations Manisha!
- Suvodip's work on Dialog State Tracking gets accepted in SIGDIAL 2021. Paper title: "Hi-DST: A Hierarchical Approach for Scalable and Extensible Dialogue State Tracking". Congratulations to Suvodip.
- Kaushal's work on Zero-shot Cross lingual transfer for Natural Language Generation will appear in Findings of ACL 2021. Congratulations to Kaushal.
- Work by Arkadipta, Venkatesh and Kaushal on hostility detection in regional language posts has been selected as Shared task best paper honorable mention award in CONSTRAINT (Combating Online Hostile Posts in Regional Languages during Emergency Situation) Workshop in AAAI 2021. Congratulations to the students!
- Sreekanth's work on future popularity estimation of planned events is accepted in ECIR 2021. Title of the paper: "Social Media Popularity Prediction of Planned Events using Deep Learning". ECIR has rank A in CORE ranking.
- Sreekanth Madisetty defends his thesis. Thesis title: "Towards Event Recommendation using Social Media: Content Identification, Characterization, and Future Popularity Estimation". Congratulations Dr. Sreekanth.
- Manisha's work on semantic annotations for LBSNs is accepted in ACM SIGSPATIAL 2020. Manisha is a PhD student jointly supervised by Dr. Srijithand myself. Congratulations to Manisha!!!
- Glad to received Teaching Excellence Award (Category: Large Class) form IIT Hyderabad.
- Kaushal's work on distractor generation for Reading comprehension MCQ is accepted in CIKM 2020. Congratulations Kaushal.