RESEARCH INTERESTS: Machine Learning; Deep Learning: Computer Vision; Optimization
- (Feb 2018): We are unable to take any short-term interns this summer, and are only looking for long-term interns (6 months to 1 year). I am sincerely sorry for being unable to respond to individual emails seeking internships. If any short-term intern positions open up (based on project needs), they will be posted here in March/April.
- (Sticky!): We are always looking for motivated PhD students with interest in machine learning/deep learning/computer vision. If you meet the eligibility requirements mentioned at this link, kindly send me an email with subject line "2018 PhD admission" to discuss more.
- (Apr 2018): Our dataset for understanding user engagement in the wild from videos, DAiSEE, is now available here.
- (Mar 2018): Senior-year undergrad students from our group have received admits into CMU, Columbia, Facebook AI Residency and Google AI/Brain Residency programs. Congratulations to Sneha, Bhavana, Yash, Ayushi and Arjun!
- (Feb 2018): Arghya's paper on Adversarial Data Programming (creating labeled datasets from weak labeling functions) gets accepted at CVPR 2018. Congratulations!
- (Jan 2018): Vishwak wins S N Bose Fellowship award, and Sukrut wins the Honda Y-E-S award. Congratulations to Vishwak and Sukrut.
- (Dec 2017): Grateful to Honeywell, MHRD and DST for the UAY and ICPS grants to support our research.
- (Dec 2017): Grateful to IBM for the IBM Shared University Research award to support our research.
- (Oct 2017): Our work on Grad-CAM++, an improved version of Grad-CAM, is accepted to WACV 2018. Congratulations to Anirban, Aditya and Prantik.
- (Oct 2017): We have 3 papers accepted to ACM iKDD CODS-COMAD 2018. Please see the publications here. Congratulations to Vishwak, Ravi (twice), Supriya and Himangi.
- (Jul 2017): Our work on using deep recurrent attentive architectures for generating videos from captions is accepted at ACM MM 2017 as an Oral Paper (acceptance rate: 7.5%) and at ICCV 2017. Congratulations to Tanya and Gaurav.
- (Jun 2017): Our work on using deep learning for detecting road intersections from monocular cameras is accepted at IROS 2017. Congratulations to the students - Danish, Dhaivat and Arghya. This is collaborative work with Prof Madhava Krishna at IIIT-H.
- (May 2017): Anirban and Vishwak selected to intern at the University of Tokyo under the Sakura Science Plan. Congratulations to both of them!
- (May 2017): Senior-year undergrad students from our group have received admits into CMU, Columbia, Georgia Tech, University of Montreal, Wisconsin-Madison and University of Massachusetts, Amherst for their Masters. Congratulations to Tanya, Akshita, Sahil, Hrishikesh, Teja and Sreekar!
- (Apr 2017): Arghya selected to attend the International Computer Vision Summer School at Sicily in July. Congratulations Arghya!
- (Feb 2017): Arasu selected for the prestigious S N Bose Fellowship, and Sneha selected for the Viterbi Fellowship. Congratulations!
- (Oct 2016): Arghya awarded the Intel PhD fellowship. Congratulations Arghya!
- (Oct 2016): As part of our collaborative efforts on e-learning, CDAC is organizing a workshop on e-Learning and Multimodal Learning Analytics. Please participate if this interests you.
- (Oct 2016): Our undergraduate students’ (Sahil, Akilesh, Tanya) research was accepted and presented at IWML 2016 and IBM I-CARE 2016. Congratulations to all of them.
- (Jun 2016): We are organizing a workshop on Assistive Vision at ACCV 2016. Please consider submitting your work.
- (Jun 2016): We are conducting a TEQIP workshop on Deep Learning for Visual Computing at IIT-Hyderabad between Jun 20-25, and a Summer School on Deep Learning for Computer Vision at IIIT-H between Jul 11-15. Please apply if you are interested!
- (Jan 2016): We have two papers accepted to IEEE WACV 2016 (34% acceptance rate). Congratulations to Aditya, Aradhya and Digvijay.
- (Dec 2015): We organized an Indo-UK workshop on "Conformal Prediction for Reliable Machine Learning", funded by the EPSRC-DST Indo-UK Initiative on Applied Mathematics. Please see this link for more details.
- (Oct 2015): Adepu Ravi Sankar awarded the Intel PhD fellowship. Congratulations Ravi!