I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science and Engineering Department
at IIT Hyderabad
, India. My main research areas are Recommendation Systems, Information Retrieval, Social Network Analysis, Data Mining, Machine Learning. I am a part of the Data and Informatics Group (DIg) at the Department of CSE, IIT Hyderabad. Prior to Joining IIT Hyderabad, I have worked for Samsung Research India Bangalore and Sybase Inc. (a SAP Company) in the past.
- Paper titled " Class Specific TF-IDF Boosting for Short-text Classification: Application to Short-texts Generated During Disasters" accepted in Exploitation of Social Media for Emergency Relief and Preparedness (SMERP) Workshop is WebConf 2018 (earlier known as WWW). Samujjwal gets travel grant from Microsoft Research India to present the work.
- Paper on Using Social Media for Classifying Actionable Insights in Disaster Scenario accepted in International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics (Springer).
- Paper on Identifying Relevant Hashtags for Planned Events accepted at 9th International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval (KDIR 2017).
- Work on Prediction of emotion intensity in tweets accepted in 8th Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity, Sentiment & Social Media Analysis (in conjunction with EMNLP 2017). An extended version is accepted in MIKE 2017.
- Work on "Finding Relevant Tweets for Cultural Events" accepted as CLEF 2017 Working Notes.